Project Manager - Taking Care of Personal Data (6 month fixed-term contract)
The Project Manager role will bridge the Taking Care of Personal Data and Sensitive Data projects, working to ensure Diabetes UK complies with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation such as ePrivacy. This role is responsible for overall project management, documentation of guidance, processes and embedding practices.
Interview Date(s): 16 & 17 December 2020
- Work with the Project Lead to manage project priorities, quality expectations and workload
- Engage with key stakeholders to obtain commitment to project outputs and outcomes
- Manage the Project team including triaging actions, issues, risks and interdependencies
- Maintain project logs, version control of key documentation and refresh of intranet pages
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to organise a project team in a flexible and time sensitive manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relevant legal and statutory requirements relating to Data Protection, privacy and consent
- Think strategically to balance compliance risk with business objectives and organisational maturity
- Manage conflicting priorities and workload influence key stakeholders and communicate risk appropriately
- Comfortable working on own initiative with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently more than 3.9 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and just under 1 million more with undiagnosed type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here