Marketing Executive (Fundraising) - 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Working within the Marketing & Communications division, in this exciting role you'll get hands-on experience delivering impactful marketing campaigns in support of our growing fundraising portfolio - from mass participation and third party events, to legacy donor campaigns.
We have an exciting year ahead as we embark on a new strategy to grow our income, in order to deliver our ambitious plans to support more people living with and at risk of diabetes, campaign for change, and fund our life-changing research.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required
to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will work closely with the Fundraising Marketing Managers, supporting them to set up, manage and evaluate paid marketing campaigns across digital channels to support fundraising activity from trading acquisition to third party events. You’ll need to brief internal teams and freelancers to deliver creative assets, email journeys and web content, as well as providing support copywriting and building regular fundraising emails. You’ll get to use your creative side to come up with organic social media content, and ideas to engage our fundraising event participants in our Facebook groups, and research opportunities to promote our fundraising products offline, too.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate marketing experience and a strong understanding of tailoring communications for different audiences, channels and campaigns, who’s used to balancing multiple projects at a time. We’d love the person in this role to be insight-driven, and proactive in coming up with new ideas, and suggesting ways to improve performance. You’ll be someone who knows how to work in a team to get things done to a high standard, with a strong writing style and understanding of copywriting for a brand. We’d love to hear if you have a personal connection to the cause, experience in the charity sector and/or in fundraising, as well as your marketing experience.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working (not applicable to roles with fixed shift patterns)
- 2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns (pro-rata for part-time)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.