Type 1 Events Clinical Advisor
We deliver a critical Type 1 service. We provide events and holidays which offer a unique experience, that gives children, young people and families affected by Type 1 diabetes, time and space to gain confidence, share experiences and realise that they’re not alone. We don’t want people to be defined or limited by their diabetes. We help people not only to manage and control their diabetes but to have fun and live a happy life, just like anyone else. These events are life changing.
Interviews: 2 July 2019 in London
- Work closely with the Head of Care, Type 1 Events Service Manager and team to ensure that the organisation provides a safe medical framework for our life changing events.
- Provide support to our Volunteer Health Care Professionals [HCPs] pre, during and post event.
- Delegate roles to other Lead HCPs (volunteers) and be an ambassador for the events with the HCP community.
- Act as the Lead HCP supporting other clinicians at both summer camps and one family weekend each year.
The Ideal Candidate
- Currently registered with the NMC
- Specialist nursing with proven expertise in care of children and young people with Type 1 diabetes
- Able to balance and articulate the needs of a diverse audience – children/young people, parents, HCPs, volunteers
- Highly organised and efficient with strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Solution focused, self-motivated and adaptable
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here