Trusts and Statutory Officer
We are seeking a highly motivated Trust and Statutory Officer to secure and manage a portfolio of small-to-medium Trust and Statutory funders. This ambitious individual will be responsible for bringing in income of circa £200,000 for the Trusts and Statutory team from a high volume portfolio. You will proactively develop new relationships with funders and maintain the existing portfolio – with a view to increasing its value year on year. You will deliver excellent stewardship practices and where applicable, ensure that grant management processes are developed and adhered to.
1st Stage Interviews: 7 February 2022
2nd Stage Interviews: 10 February 2022
As the Trusts and Statutory Officer, you will support the Trust and Statutory team to achieve their income target of £2m.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining the small Trust’s portfolio to maximise income generation (circa 200K)
- Writing compelling and tailored proposals that accurately reflect both funder criteria and organisational funding priorities
- Developing a strong understanding of external funder expectations and building robust relationships with them (via email, phone, letter)
- Recording income and donor communications accurately on our database to enable excellent knowledge management
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager and Research and Operations team to maximise value generated from trusts and foundations and facilitate cross team working.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- An understanding of the principles of managing and building a high volume Trust portfolio
- Experience in project managing a portfolio with a multiple donors or stakeholders
- Excellent database management skills
- The ability to work in a pressurised environment with conflicting priorities
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience in influencing senior stakeholder internally and externally.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact HRAdvice@diabetes.org.uk
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.