Transforming Care Programme Manager
Diabetes UK is committed to improving diabetes care and support delivered by the NHS and other. The Transforming Care Programme Manager plays a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitious goals. Working collaboratively with colleagues across Diabetes UK’s central, regional and national teams you will co-ordinate a programme that will improve the ways we work together to campaign, influence and support change in diabetes care.. As well us making sure our development projects stay on track, you will co-ordinate the developing Transforming Care Community – a community of practice made up of the 70 people who influence diabetes care in the UK.
You will also work with other strategic programmes across Diabetes UK to manage dependencies and identify opportunities. Lead the development of an evaluation framework, to review the impact of the different tools, tactics, activities and services delivered to improve the quality of care and support.
Interview Date: 29 October 2019
- Work with other strategic programmes across Diabetes UK to manage dependencies and identify opportunities.
- Lead the development of an evaluation framework, to review the impact of the different tools, tactics, activities and services delivered to improve the quality of care and support.
- Developing Transforming Care Community
The Ideal Candidate
You will have excellent programme management skills and will be comfortable engaging people, bringing people together to work across boundaries and finding practical steps to take in the face of ambiguity. You will have or be willing to develop coaching and facilitation skills.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here