Diabetes UK is bringing people together to work in partnership in order to support those living with diabetes, prevent Type 2, make research breakthroughs in diabetes and ultimately, find a cure. In order to achieve this mission, effective capture, management, cleaning and enhancement of our data is essential. The charity’s main CRM system is CARE NG (internally known as CIS) and it supports all of our fundraising, membership, beneficiary, volunteer and supporter activities and helps us connect with and serve the 1.8 million individuals is stores.
The Systems Analyst reports into the Senior Systems Analyst and supports them in ensuring all data entry, maintenance, and data cleansing activities are performed to the highest possible standards, specifically:
- Data Load: using a customisable bespoke data loading utility to load data onto our CRM database
- Error Detection & Correction: use techniques such as comparisons against another data source, data edit checks, and duplicate record removal to clean up stored data
- Process Control & Improvement – successfully apply root cause analysis and quality management principles to Diabetes UK’s systems for lasting data improvement
- Process Design – support with projects to look at redesigning data collection and maintenance processes to include built-in data edit checks, data quality performance measures, as well as automated transcription, data entry and format change activities
- Ensure data loaded into CARE NG is accurate based on business requirements
- Take ownership of assigned data issues, defining and driving data improvement action plans engaging across the data community (including Information Systems, Strategic Marketing, Data Stewards and other process and data subject matter experts)
- Responsible for leading and performing data quality analysis and data issue investigation that involves system, process and behavioural analysis
- Responsible for sizing data quality issues and performing analysis (including data profiling) to understand root cause and resolution actions
- Responsible for developing automated data jobs to measure, validate and identify data to enable data fixing and enhancement of the data asset
- Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or
process design strategies
- Review referential and historical integrity of data
- Work with developer teams to develop, document, circulate, and maintain data quality goals and standards
- Monitor compliance of information flows and data stores against data quality standards
- Work with the Senior Systems Analyst to measure and report to management on the progress of data quality improvement – this may also include documenting the return on investment
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a CRM implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the CRM platform
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers; provide specifications appropriate to their needs; resolve issues with them.
- Participate in the team’s operational and development tasks.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade that may reasonably be required.
- Embrace Diabetes UK volunteering activities through involving volunteers in your work and own participation through active volunteering within Diabetes UK.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Display skills in data profiling, data discovery, root cause analysis and cost-benefit analysis
- Confidently use relevant techniques to resolve data quality issues
- Contribute to the improvement of system processes and designs
- Articulate recommendations to improve the accuracy of data
- Work effectively with the IT team and wider organisation in an objective, creative and diplomatic manner
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Relational Database Applications
- Proficient data quality profiling, analysis and reporting skills
- Data analysis/improvement ensuring data is of the right quality to enable effective processes, organisational and customer outcomes.
- Data Management practices and processes (specifically Data Governance and Data Quality / Data Issues management)
- Basic scripting and an understanding of Boolean logic
- CRM within a not-for profit (CARE NG preferred)
- Hands on experience on Oracle/Microsoft Development Platforms (PL/SQL,T-SQL) and Excel
- Business Process Management (BPM) applications to automate processes (Orbis TaskManager preferred)
- (Optional) JAVA 6 including XML web service development
The best person for this job will have:
- A proven passion for the data quality discipline
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to mediate with data users, managers & other stakeholders and form partnerships
- A meticulous approach to work with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to be a strong team player
- The ability to learn new skills and tasks quickly
- A demonstrable focus for customer satisfaction
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
- A strong drive for results while multi-tasking and working calmly under pressure to deadlines
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here