Supporter Care Team Leader
To work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service through human triage, using a range of communication methods to ensure that where possible customer enquiries, donations and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact.
To be integral in achieving strategic priorities as part of the Customer Care Centre, including income generation and fundraising from individual supporters through exceptional standards of customer service and the development of support services for people living with diabetes.
Interview Date(s): 8, 9 & 10 July 2020
This will be a multiple interview recruitment process and details will be confirmed if you are invited to interview. As part of the interview process, you may be asked to create a presentation on a particular subject matter and carry out a test/exercise.
Build and sustain a strong and professional team to deliver a strong ethos of superb customer service and support through high quality information provision, continuous learning and development of colleagues, technology and the service. Develop and maintain effective and efficient work processes that makes the best use of resources both in the team and in the systems underpinning their work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Manage a busy workload with many competing deadlines while remaining calm and focused
- Build and manage professional and effective relationships with teams and stakeholders within Diabetes UK and effectively network and seek out best practice within a cross section of sectors
- Champion and encourage the delivery of an excellent level of customer service to people contacting the CCC
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Work as an effective team member, showing flexibility and a willingness to collaborate with others to get the job done
- Work alongside our customer experience team to develop and implement new processes and ways of working to ensure our customers are given an excellent experience throughout their journey with us.
- Act upon customer feedback and complaints to make sure that we are constantly learning from this information and continually improving customer service
- Solve problems and issues quickly using initiative, creativity and logic to arrive at an appropriate solution
- Demonstrate a track record of working within legal and regulatory compliance frameworks
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here