Supporter Care Assistant Team Leader
As a Supporter Care Assistant Team Leader you will be delivering a first class, professional customer service through human triage, using a range of communication methods to ensure that where possible customer enquiries, donations and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact.
Interviews: Friday 29th November
- Provide a comprehensive and responsive information service to the public, advising on support services available for people living with diabetes, particularly Helpline and Supporting Membership.
- Support Diabetes UK Safeguarding function by undertaking the role of ‘Designated Safeguarding Person’ as part of a team of DSPs
- Day to day management, support and development of the team, including attending internal and external meetings as required
- Promoting a culture of high quality and compliance within the team to ensure an excellent experience for those we come into contact with whilst keeping safe, legal and healthy
The Ideal Candidate
- Manage a busy workload with many competing deadlines while remaining calm and focused
- Champion and encourage the delivery of an excellent level of customer service to people contacting Customer Care Centre
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Work as an effective team member, showing flexibility and a willingness to collaborate with others to get the job done
- Effectively manage and motivate
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here