Supporter Care Advisor
The Supporter Care Advisor plays an integral part in a team delivering a first class, professional customer service. We use a range of communication methods to ensure that where possible customer enquiries, donations and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact.
Application Closing Date: 10th Aug 2022
Interviews: w/c 15th Aug 2022 in London
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact HRAdvice@diabetes.org.uk
As the Supporter Care Advisor you would be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for supporters and members of the public dealing with a wide range of enquiries via phone, email, web chat, social media and letter.
- Providing excellent customer service by putting the supporter at the heart of everything we do
- Capture data and feedback accurately after each contact to help identify trends and new ways of working.
- Thanking supporters for their generous donations by creating bespoke acknowledgements within agreed time frames.
- Providing first line self-empowerment support.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience in working in a contact centre, either in a voluntary or a paid capacity. In addition, providing information both verbally and in writing to a high standard is key. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high volume of enquiries and have the necessary computer skills (incl. Word, Excel and Outlook), with the ability and willingness to learn new procedures through training provided. You will also be expected to react and deal with change in a positive manner, whilst demonstrating an understanding of the emotional intelligence needed and active listening skills.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.