Supporter Care Advisor x 2
The Supporter Care Advisor plays an integral part in a team delivering a first class, professional customer service through human triage, using a range of communication methods to ensure that where possible customer enquiries, donations and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact.
Interview Date: 23 & 24 January 2020
As the Supporter Care Advisor you would be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for supporters and members of the public dealing with a wide range of enquiries via phone, email, web chat, social media and letter
- Providing excellent customer service by putting the supporter at the heart of everything we do
- Capture data and feedback accurately to help identify trends and new ways of working
- Thanking supporters for their generous donations by creating bespoke acknowledgements within agreed time frames.
- Providing first line Advocacy support
This is a great opportunity joining a vibrant and lively team working together to provide a fantastic service for those living with and affected by diabetes. The role provides a fantastic insight into Supporter Care with a strong training programme and opportunities to develop.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to personalise responses
- (Problem Solving, identifying issues)
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here