Strategic Programme Manager - Fighting Diabetes with You
To deliver our vision, Diabetes UK has an ambitious and exciting new strategy – A generation to end the harm 2020-2025. We want to improve outcomes for people affected by and at risk of diabetes, making a difference to lives in the ways that matter most. To drive our new strategy, we have set up strategic change programmes to make change happen across our organisation. We need a strategically focussed and impactful individual to manage one of these – our Fighting Diabetes with You programme. The programme goals are to:
- Bring income into Diabetes UK – and into diabetes care, services, support and research beyond Diabetes UK
- Shift the public conversation on diabetes
- Provide people with more and deeper opportunities to mobilise and get involved in our work
- Inspire people and communities affected by diabetes to take action for themselves
Interview Date(s): 9/10 November 2020
As well as strong programme management skills, you will have the ability to see the bigger picture, the personal impact to drive strategic change and the skills to build relationships and networks across our whole organisation to make sure we deliver our goals.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for these roles will have experience of making change happen, ideally in re-shaping fundraising, engagement, communications or mobilisation functions so that they’re insight-led and audience focused, as well as the strategic focus and excellent programme management skills to oversee multiple complex workstreams across the whole breadth of Diabetes UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here