Service Redesign and Improvement Consultant
Diabetes UK’s Service Redesign and Improvement Consultancy improves local services and the health of people living with diabetes.
The Consultancy works with local health services to make sense of their data, listen to the issues getting in the way of good diabetes care and creates simple approaches to improve care.
The role involves regular travel around the UK.
Interview date: 31 October 2018.
- Deliver support to a portfolio of NHS organisations improve the quality of diabetes care and outcomes for people with diabetes
- Work collaboratively with local NHS providers to identify areas for, and practical approaches to, improvement
- Support the development of the products, tools and services that enable us to support improvement
The Ideal Candidate
You will be experienced in health improvement, passionately committed to improving care for people who use services and skilled in selling services to partners.
You will know the NHS, the challenges its staff face in providing good care and able to demonstrate improved outcomes working with a range of providers.
You will have excellent relationship building and partnership skills and will have a collaborative approach to ensure the work of the consultancy informs the wider work of Diabetes UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here