Senior Trust and Statutory Manager
The Senior Trust and Statutory Manager will play a pivotal role leading a successful fundraising team. They will be in a unique position to help us transform our approach to research, healthcare and treatment via strategic funding partnerships as the organisation’s expert in trusts, statutory and institutional funding.
They will continue and accelerate our recent income growth and be a senior leader in an award winning Philanthropy and Partnerships team.
As a key member of the leadership team the Senior Trust and Statutory Manager will:
- Work closely with leads on corporate and major donor fundraising to leverage cross-team opportunities and shape the strategic direction of Diabetes UK’s high value programme over the next 3 – 5 years.
- Develop and implement strategy for the Trusts and Foundations team, providing leadership and motivation, defining budgets, resource allocation and fundraising metrics.
- Proactively manage and develop high level (£100k+) trust and statutory relationships and apply her/his high levels of organisational knowledge to facilitate bids and propositions that are a strong strategic fit and in keeping with funder requirements.
- Able to bring together relevant stakeholders internally and externally to achieve results.
- Responsible for horizon scanning for new opportunities, and will work with the Research and Stewardship Manager to ensure that there is a robust pipeline in place for the team as a whole.
The Ideal Candidate
- Driven to succeed, ambitious and relish a challenge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong writing, numerical and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the sector and the external funding environment, as well as a track record of personally securing income of £100k plus and managing complex relationships are essential requirements for this role.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing a team, and to have created strategies and business plans with demonstrable success. As a leader within the organisation, you will need to be authoritative, collaborative and able to pitch complicated proposals to internal and external audiences.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here