Senior Systems Analyst
This Senior Systems Analyst will construct and create intelligent and comprehensive solutions and act as a technical design and development leader within the development team.
This position will lead technical requirements sessions; connect internal clients with development staff; build and document solutions, and develop interfaces between CRM and other systems. The role will be responsible for implementing enhancements, making improvements and developing these databases and systems and to ensure maximum continuity of service for users. Lastly, the role will provide advice and recommendations to management on future development for both operational and project work.
The Senior Systems Analyst, will play an active and significant role within the organization, developing CRM strategies (including CRM extensions/upgrades/migrations/replacements), and ensuring all data entry, maintenance and data cleansing activities are performed to the highest possible standards. This role involves direct line management of staff and close working relationships with the Information Systems Manager, CIS Product Manager, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Data Services Team and the wider IT team.
Interviews from 6 September 2018
- Translate business requirements and document well-architected solutions/designs that best leverage the CRM platform and align with the organisational objectives
- Manage own workload and CRM Development team around the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a CRM implementation
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers on both issue resolution and and project delivery
- Work with other technical teams (e.g. Digital, Fundraising and Data Teams) to provide cross-team solutions to time and budget.
- Work with the Information Systems Manager to determine team workload; line manage and provide mentoring and advice to team members.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers; provide specifications appropriate to their needs; resolve issues with them.
- Embrace Diabetes UK volunteering activities through involving volunteers in your work and own participation through active volunteering within Diabetes UK.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Manage workload and projects from inception to completion.
- Be technically confident and able to clearly illustrate data design problems and present technical solutions using internal technologies stated above.
- Guide the Information Systems team on technical SQL programming issues and able to mentor staff in advanced coding techniques.
- Implement resilient and future proof solutions under tight deadlines
- Act as a self-starter, working on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Inspire and motivate staff to deliver results
- Provide knowledge and guidance in customer data management and supporter journeys
- Provide knowledge in customer data management and supporter journeys
- Demonstrate structured Business Analysis skills (optional)
- Evidence relevant Academic qualification, e.g. Degree in IT or suitable qualification in data analysis or fundraising (desirable)
- Evidence Microsoft certified Development Professional MCSE or similar MS BI qualification (optional)
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- CARE NG CRM or any other fundraising CRM system to a high level of expertise
- Relational Database Applications to a high level of expertise
- SQL (preferably Oracle) to a high level of expertise
- PL/SQL (or Transact-SQL) to a high level of expertise
- Customer facing and requirements gathering
- Application of change control procedures
- Systems roll out / implementation experience
- Experience of managing technical staff delivering projects
- Assessing current methods and recommending improvements (optional)Dealing with 3rd parties (optional)
- CRM within a Not for Profit organization (optional)
- Unix scripts / MS Batch files (optional)
- Java Development (optional)
- XML Web Services (optional)
The best person for this job will:
- Have a proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a team player and work with staff at all levels
- Have a professional approach
- Be grounded and practical approach
- Have the ability to schedule and prioritise project workload alongside general issue and problem resolution
- Be driven and committed to make their mark
- Have negotiation skills (optional)
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here