Senior Project Manager Services
The role will provide support to the Assistant Director of Services with reporting, analysis, strategic planning and cross directorate working.
This is a critical role in the management of the Directorate, working closely with the Senior Management Team. Driving better impact for people living with diabetes through raising the performance of our work by taking leadership on performance data, impact measurement, analysis, keeping abreast of operational involvement in cross-organisational work and supporting teams with their financial and business planning. The role is a Fixed Term Contract until March 2020
Interviews: 31/7/2019 in London
- The post-holder will provide business support by acting as a source of help and support to team members on cross-directorate matters and reporting as specified below.
- The post-holder will also take the lead on critical projects as needed, especially within Services.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are an experienced professional keen to advance your career in a challenging and demanding environment where the application of your skills, knowledge and expertise will make a lasting difference.
- You will have the ability to build positive relationships and demonstrate highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- You should have the ability to work with teams in a variety of geographies being cognisant of local context and the impact on proposed business plans.
- With experience of business management, planning and budgets you should have an understanding of management assurance, risk management and governance. You should be adaptable to changing priorities with the ability to meet deadlines.
- You should have excellent IT skills with the ability to analyse, assimilate and present complex information in various formats.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here