Senior Development Manager
We are looking for a Senior Development Manager to help us shape our portfolio of engagement products at Diabetes UK. We want to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers as well as maximising our income to help us support more people with, and at risk of diabetes.
Interviews: w/c 17 or 24 May 2021
In this role, you will lead on our product development activities (such as our customer facing fundraising initiatives), ensuring that we have the right portfolio of engagement and fundraising products to meet our audience’s needs. Working across the department, this role will support teams with their own product development as well as deliver cross team initiatives that help us drive forward our ambitious customer strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with a strong understanding of fundraising or commercial product development. You will have experience in delivering mass fundraising or engagement products to external audiences and be comfortable in using data and insight to drive decisions and identify opportunities. A real team player, you will also be able to add value across our department by leading cross team projects that help us deliver our ambitious goals.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently more than 3.9 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and just under 1 million more with undiagnosed type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do please visit our website