Senior Creative Manager - Job Share
This is unique opportunity to work within a motivated, friendly and very busy team with a big job to do.
As part of the Brand and Creative team, the Senior Creative Manager is responsible for the leadership of the creative team, working across the entire charity giving creative direction and leading on design, video, photography and copy.
We’re working in a busy market and the senior creative manager is responsible for delivering distinctive, effective and stand-out creative solutions, working with both in-house teams but also agencies and freelancers.
We have so many great stories to tell across fundraising, research, campaigns and services, and this role plays a vital role in helping us deliver a step change in the way we deliver content and communications
Design and Production
- Providing professional expertise and guidance about the most appropriate design and production format for projects to all teams across the charity and to external agencies
- Ensuring high standards of design and production across a range of outputs, including but not limited to: information products, fundraising and marketing materials, policy reports, campaign materials and print and digital magazines (when required).
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest design, print, and digital production developments
- Managing the production schedule and associated project plans; overseeing and ensuring progress across all jobs; delegating work to staff, freelance creatives and agencies; project managing key projects.
- Supporting on-going development of, and adherence to, the brand guidelines. With the Brand team, develop the brand guidelines which include visual identity, tone of voice, facts and stats, video toolkit and photography guidelines.
- Ensure all projects are produced to the highest standard and in line with specific objectives and evaluation criteria
- Maintaining oversight of all design, video and production files and ensuring these are effectively organised and backed-up
- Working with project owners to ensure projects are kept within budget and meet defined outcomes.
- Plan and art direct photoshoots and provide guidance to internal clients on use of photography to ensure high standards and imagery is on brand
- Ensuring that consent for photography, case studies and video is processed and managed across the charity in the correct way.
- Providing senior management support to the Head of Brand and Creative and contributing to the strategic development of the team’s work
- Effectively line managing, developing and motivating the creative team of staff and freelancers
- Ensuring our visual identity and strategic vision for creative is effectively implemented
- Building and maintaining excellent internal relationships with colleagues and teams across the charity to achieve outputs in line with our strategic goals
- Managing relationships with suppliers to ensure outputs are delivered on time, within budget, and to a consistently high standard
- Manage the creative roster of those appointed to work with Diabetes UK. Regularly review the roster, ensuring best value, reliability and high standards. Ensure all paperwork is in place to ensure all copyright is assigned to Diabetes UK (this is to include, copywriters, design, photography, video production and editing.
- Own the relationship with the print management company (from account manager to managing director), ensuring standards are maintained across the service, prices are competitive and print quality is consistent. Hold monthly operational meetings to review performance and look at forward planning of print for core materials
- Overseeing monthly creative monitoring and feeding back on output production levels as well as identifying best practice and sector trends and developments.
- Project manage and work with the Editorial Lead to plan updates, reviews and reprints to ensure stock is always available.
- Project manage translation of core suite information into Welsh and other languages
- Manage the photography digital asset management system (Thirdlight), how it’s used, maintained and make continuous improvements where possible.
- Act as a Brand Guardian and Brand Champion
- Play an active role in project groups (when required) for key strategic pieces of work / campaigns: DUKPC, Diabetes Week, World Diabetes Day, CMS project, education strategy, engagement campaign
- Be part of the on-boarding process of any new supplier providing a creative service, ensuring a team member is allocated to look after new supplier / agency and a main point of contact throughout the relationship.
- Providing expert print knowledge when required relating colour management, paper types and printing processes
- Manage and track budgets.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Understand requirements relating to multi-channel creative
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as part of a team
- Manage a production schedule ensuring a high volume of print and digital products are delivered on-time, to high standards and on-budget
- Show a compelling creative portfolio.
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Managing a range of projects at any one time, ensuring they are delivered on-time, on-budget and to agreed standards
- Managing the production of complex multi-channel project schedules
- Delivering innovative creative
- Effectively managing and developing staff
- Managing external suppliers and rosters including sourcing competitive quotes
- Developing and implementing effective cross-department processes to facilitate the delivery of high quality products
- Art and creative direction
- Ideally the charity / NFP sector in a creative, digital or marketing team.
- Ideally managing the production of video.
The best person for this job will be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a creative discipline
- Creative and confident, valuing research and paying close attention to accuracy
- Well-organised, proactive and able to prioritise own work; strong project management and planning skills
- Highly effective at communicating and have strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent at influencing and negotiating
- Excellent at team-building
- Knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Cloud and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable of production processes including print and digital.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here