Senior Clinical Advisor (Digital Education)
The Senior Clinical Advisor (Digital Education) will join a small and talented team of content and technical specialists.
The role will utilise the digital service’s behaviour change and education theory methodology to produce and deliver clinically accurate, best in class learning content.
The role will ensure online education content is co-produced with users and is engaging, simple and effective at helping people manage their diabetes more effectively and adapt their self-care activities and lifestyle. The role provides an opportunity to make a mark in the quickly changing and exciting digital landscape of health support and interventions.
The Ideal Candidate
- A registered Healthcare Professional with current state registration and evidence of continued professional development, ideally with post registration courses in diabetes areas
- Innovative and flexible with content production to meet needs of project and co-producers
- Creative and forward-thinking in approach to solutions
- Consistent with high attention to detail
- A good team player with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Pro-active with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in MS- Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Willing to travel throughout the UK and work flexibly to meet the needs of the charity
- A Diabetes Self-Management Educator (DSME) (desirable)
- Knowledgeable in basics of Learning and Content Management Systems technology (desirable)
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here