Senior Business Analyst
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying business needs and determining solutions for technology and CRM related business processes or systems.
The postholder is responsible for undertaking an assessment of new requests to assess how the request supports our broader Data and IT Strategies, to assess whether are there any existing solutions that could be reapplied, to assess how the request fits within the overall data and systems architecture, and to challenge whether IT has the capability and capacity to undertake the request and to understand the risk of doing/not doing it.
Interview Date: Thursday 7 Feb 2019
- Preparing business requirements, documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ processes and delivering process flows.
- Developing functional and non-functional requirements for assigned projects.
- Analysing current solutions and producing documents that help to define the components of the solution design and how it works together.
- Leading on analysis and impact assessment of options.
- Completing the documentation, analysis, design of solutions.
- Supporting on the development and testing of solutions.
- Working with senior stakeholders, users and domain experts to elicit and document business requirements, investigate business concerns, identify and document risks, and document options for the solutions.
- Supporting the project team throughout the project lifecycle and as such will be an integral part of the team
- Providing direction for Junior Business Analysts assigned to project teams as well as working with other Senior Business Analysts to define the best solutions
- Working with multiple stakeholders throughout a project lifecycle in this multi-faceted role – this will need to be flexible and able to switch “hats” seamlessly.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have highly developed communication skills and the ability to develop effective and influential relationships at all levels.
The post holder will also have methodical and flexible approach to problem solving.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here