Senior Brand Manager
Our brand has a huge job to do in helping us reach and support the 4.7 million people currently living with diabetes in the UK.
As Senior Brand Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading on the development, management and integration of our brand across the work of the charity. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we look to strengthen and develop our brand, as well as taking charge of how we live and breathe our brand day to day in everything we do as a charity.
Managing a small team, you’ll be responsible for managing strategic brand and communication projects, shaping the brand consultancy we provide to our colleagues and working with stakeholders at all levels across the charity.
This is a fixed term maternity contract until July 2020.
Interviews: 24 April 2019
- Act as a champion for our brand: shaping and managing internal engagement and the way we live and breathe the brand in our work
- Work closely with the Head of Brand and Creative to further develop our brand so that we can maximise its impact in delivering a revolution in understanding and support
- Help develop and deliver our brand strategy, in a way that inspires and engages supporters, and helps teams across the charity achieve their objectives
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our cause and is fired up by the challenge of making our brand one that inspires and engages our supporters and the people we help.
It goes without saying that you’ll be an expert in brand and bring ideas and energy to help us bring our cause to life creatively, and support staff in using it well. And you’ll be able to show us that you put audience and engagement at the heart of everything you do.
You’ll be a creative thinker, with extensive experience of managing marketing, branding and media agencies, and working with both in-house creative teams and agencies. You will have excellent project management skills, be used to leading high profile projects and working closely with senior management teams.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.7 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and there are 3.8 million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.7 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here