This is a hands on role, with responsibility for the delivery of quality data selections using Faststats and SQL. The role’s primary goal is to coordinate and administer mailing communication activity by devising and extracting accurate selections of data enabling Diabetes UK to develop maximum potential from its contacts base and communications strategy, while always following best practice, Data Protection, Privacy Regulations, and organisational guidelines.
The role will also influence the infrastructure necessary to drive strategic & operational management information and mailing selections.
- Deliver regular selections for communication ensuring business processes are being followed across Diabetes UK and selections are on time.
- Create new selections in FastStats, following established business rules and instructions from project leads.
- Support development of FastStats to facilitate supporter journeys and automation.
- Perform quality checks on selections, reports, and exports to ensure exceptional quality.
- Log all communications and proactively identify occasions of over-communication.
- Ensure that work is scheduled, deadlines met and communication business rules adhered to.
- Review all data requests in a timely fashion and ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Play an active part in acceptance testing of the data selection tools and related aspects of new releases of the customer database.
- Manage, schedule, and produce data request deliverables within service level agreement deadlines.
- Ensure compliance of development standards and conventions in all work.
- Ensure all data selected for communicating with contacts and organisations is accurate and compliant with data protection policy and law, as well as the communication instructions of contacts.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for all work to agreed quality standards.
- Gather and document business requirements via surveys, workshops, and interviews. Facilitate, minute, action, time keep all related meetings. Analyse and design bespoke solutions.
- Use initiative and expertise to identify areas of poor data quality on the customer database, notify relevant staff, make recommendations and work with IT and staff to resolve.
- Liaise with users to ensure the work meets business needs.
- Report on progress/issues to management and users.
- Undertake other work as might reasonably be required by the Data Services Manager.
- Manage the analysis, design, implementation, testing, and support of data extracts.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Learn quickly and independently; specifically around business rules and database structures
- Manage conflicting priorities and workload
- Identify areas of improvement to drive forward improvements
- Advise colleagues on selection matters
- Effectively manage working relationships
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Data analysis geared at data modelling and cleansing to improve mailing selections
- Apteco FastStats, using Discoverer and Cascade to deliver data selections
- Querying SQL Server using t-SQL
- Requirements gathering and communication with stakeholders
- MS Office (Word, Excel VBA & PowerPoint)
- Fundraising databases within the charity sector (ie. CARE CRM)
The best person for this job will be:
- Dependable and meticulous, and can always be relied on to deliver on time to high standards
- Strong technically and analytically, being able to assist in the delivery of data solutions
- Able to implement resilient and future proof solutions under tight deadline.
- Able to develop positive working relationships to promote best practice.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here