Research and Stewardship Manager (high value)
The Research and Stewardship Manager will be pivotal to the Philanthropy and Partnerships team achieving our ambition to grow income, impact and reach. You will support our award winning team to help them broker new strategic relationships and give our donors the best possible experience as key supporters of Diabetes UK.
We are an ambitious team experiencing growth across all income streams, and as we look to develop the most strategic relationships with donors, you will help us identify the best possible partners to help us achieve our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Interview dates: 21/22/25 February 2019
- By growing, supporting and evaluating our pool of potential and current donors, your work will contribute to our ability to make strategic decisions regarding fundraising initiatives.
- You will build donor acquisition strategies, directly manage and execute prospect development activities and methodologies. Some specific work examples include: defining prospect development strategies by region, assessing prospect and donor pipelines, and researching and documenting board member and principal level networks, preparing donor profiles and assessing the potential of funding opportunities across both major giving, corporates, trusts and statutory fundraising.
- With strong interpersonal and organisational skills, you will work jointly with Senior Managers to rollout our stewardship programme and empower teams through briefings and research profiles. You will play a key role in developing and embedding robust internal systems to help the team deliver, and be responsible for delivering a sector leading stewardship programme, incorporating regular stewardship events, consistent and high quality communication, and ensuring that donor types are stewarded appropriately by account managers across the team.
- Working closely with the Bid and Case for Support Writer, and leads on corporate, trust, statutory and major donor fundraising, you will help develop our high value strategy and leverage cross-team opportunities.
- You will also manage the Research and Stewardship Executive, ensuring that they deliver activities in line with the above activities and complete data cleansing projects in line with Fundraising codes of practice.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be driven to succeed, ambitious and relish a challenge. They will also have excellent interpersonal skills, strong writing, database and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail. A good understanding of the sector and the external funding environment are essential, and will be required to apply strategic thinking both to research and stewardship, and to drive improvement with existing CRM systems.
As an expert in the team and within the organisation, they will need to be authoritative, collaborative and able to engage internal and external stakeholders to deliver exceptional research and an excellent high value donor experience.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here