Regional Fundraiser - South East England
This is an exciting time to join the dynamic Community and Events Fundraising Team as a Regional Fundraiser. A key driver within our charity’s strategy is that we fight diabetes together to achieve our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. As a Regional Fundraiser you will play a crucial role in delivering our exciting plans for growth to help us achieve this.
Interview Date: Thursday 26 May 2022
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
As one of our Regional Fundraiser’s, you’ll be joining a busy team, where you will manage relationships with our key supporters with the primary purpose of generating income across the South East, through community fundraising activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering income targets across the region by building strong relationships with individuals, local companies, community groups and volunteers, in line with our community fundraising strategy.
This role is home-based with travel across the region. There will also be travel to Diabetes UK offices for meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll be able to demonstrate a track record of meeting income targets through relationship fundraising. You’ll be experienced in building and maintaining relationships with supporters and colleagues. A proactive person, you’ll be self-motivated and able to work independently with a solution focussed approach. As an experienced fundraiser, you’ll be skilled in managing income and expenditure budgets and financial reporting.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days in your first 5 years here. Pro rata’d for those on part time hours or fixed term contracts.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out-of-pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and agile working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Access to Remote GP, physiotherapy, mental health support, and much more
- Annual Season ticket loan (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Home office season ticket (to help you spread the cost of any equipment or furniture you wish to purchase)
- Excellent Family-friendly and Carers policies, e.g. generous maternity, paternity, and neo-natal policies – considerably higher than statutory leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities which we are delighted have continued remotely during the pandemic
- We have a variety of well-being sessions throughout the year
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.