Public Affairs Manager
Are you ready to join an award winning campaigns team helping millions of people living with diabetes?
Diabetes UK is looking to recruit a full time Public Affairs Manager to join our award-winning Policy, Campaigns & Mobilisation team. You will play a vital role in bringing about change to improve the lives of people with diabetes and those at risk of developing type 2.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and you’ll be managing a high performing team responsible for planning and developing our influencing approaches, campaigning and parliamentary engagement work. This role helps Diabetes UK to bring about change in a range of priority areas such as obesity prevention, access to treatments and technologies, ensuring diabetes remains at the top of the political agenda.
You will be involved in working across Diabetes UK to develop winning campaigns and influencing strategies on issues affecting people living with diabetes and come up with new ideas to build on our already successful parliamentary programme.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a similar role. You should be able to demonstrate evidence of developing successful influencing and campaigning approaches, which have traction with parliamentarians, civil servants and NHS officials. Building productive relationships internally and externally and being able to communicate in a compelling way with a wide range of people, demonstrating strong personal credibility and excellent interpersonal skills are also essential to this role.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days in your first 5 years here. Pro rata’d for those on part time hours or fixed term contracts.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out-of-pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and agile working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Access to Remote GP, physiotherapy, mental health support, and much more
- Annual Season ticket loan (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Home office season ticket (to help you spread the cost of any equipment or furniture you wish to purchase)
- Excellent Family-friendly and Carers policies, e.g. generous maternity, paternity, and neo-natal policies – considerably higher than statutory leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities which we are delighted have continued remotely during the pandemic
- We have a variety of well-being sessions throughout the year
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.