Project Manager, ChangeLabs
*Please check our recruitment site https://mycareer.diabetes.org.uk/ for the official closing date. Some of our roles will be linked to third party job boards which may not accurately reflect the correct closing date.
More needs to be done to help young people manage their diabetes.
We know the quality of transition care varies significantly across the UK, leaving many young people without the essential care and support they need. But if transition is a planned, coordinated process that supports young people to gradually move from children’s to adults’ services, it can save lives and have lifelong benefits.
ChangeLabs, delivered by our Shared Practice team, are platforms for addressing complex challenges in diabetes services and health systems. By combining inspiring workshops, powerful facilitation techniques and our deep knowledge of what works when driving improvement, ChangeLabs help teams across the NHS to unlock their potential for improvement.
In October 2018, we will be launching an exciting new transition project within our existing ChangeLabs programme. The project will bring together professionals and young people with diabetes to find and test solutions to the biggest challenges in transition care.
For more information on the role please contact Tamsyn Nichol on 020 7424 1135 or by email Tamsyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
- Work with other organisations to plan and convene a series of ChangeLabs where they are needed most.
- Facilitate the ChangeLab workshops using a range of proven methods to help participants understand more deeply the challenges they are facing and develop simple, high-impact solutions.
- Identify the best solutions developed in the ChangeLabs and support the spread and adoption of these solutions across the NHS.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about improving health and care services.
- Able to bring focus and energy to the work, inspiring and mobilising colleagues and partners to achieve the aims and objectives of the project.
- Able to work with a high level of initiative and confidence to make decisions that will have significant impact.
- Able to work across boundaries, finding pragmatic and practical steps to take in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Confident in communicating, engaging and influencing a wide range of audiences internally and externally.
- Able to understand and apply the principles and practice of good workshop design (experience in a health setting is desirable).
- Able to design, test and deliver inspiring workshops using a range of proven facilitation techniques and learning methods.
- A proven project manager with a track record of delivering a range of competing projects and priorities.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here