Programme Officer, User Involvement
Are you passionate about involving service users in healthcare improvement?
Diabetes UK has agreed an exciting new partnership with NHS England and Public Health England to support user involvement across the NHS England diabetes programme.
Through the partnership, our goal is to ensure everyone with a stake in the diabetes programme understands it, is clear about how they can help it to be successful and has a voice in shaping local diabetes service improvement.
Interviews 11th September 2018
- Ensure the voices of people with diabetes and those at risk of Type 2 diabetes are heard (including families and carers), through setting up and supporting the delivery of user involvement events and activities.
- Provide high quality programme coordination support, working closely with the Programme Manager to deliver the aims and objectives of the partnership.
This is an exciting time to join Diabetes UK. We have an ambitious new strategy and work with some of the UK’s leading diabetes professionals and healthcare organisations.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping to shape user involvement across the diabetes programme, making a real and meaningful difference to the lives of people with diabetes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about user involvement and healthcare improvement.
- A proven programme officer/coordinator with a track record of delivering a range of competing activities and priorities.
- Committed to personal and professional development.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience (a degree in a health related field or discipline is desirable).
- Willing to work outside of normal office hours and on weekends (minimum of five occasions per year) and to travel throughout the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here