Product Owner, Know Your Risk
Our online Know Your Risk tool has been used over 2 million times and is a critical part of our work to ensure fewer people get Type 2 diabetes. The tool helps users to understand their personal risk, and to take steps to control their risk, including finding support from NHS and other services.
Interviews Stage 1: 1 October 2021
Interviews Stage 2: 7 October 2021
As product owner for Know Your Risk, you will work as part of a cross-organisational team dedicated to advancing our prevention goals. You will use your experience in managing digital products and services to increase the reach and impact of our tool. You will work with experts to improve its accuracy and usability, and will maintain and develop the technology with internal and agency support. Your insights from analysis of user data will inform ongoing journeys that ensure people at higher risk get the tailored support they need. And you will enable the development of strategic partnerships with NHS and others, to help us reach even more people.
The Ideal Candidate
An experienced product owner, you will understand how digital services can support people to understand and achieve their health goals. You will show drive and commitment to overcoming the barriers that prevent people from taking control of their diabetes risk. Your past experience will demonstrate creativity, problem solving and innovation in building solutions. And you will be an adaptable and persuasive communicator, comfortable working as part of a team with diverse backgrounds and skills.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For the 4.8 million people in the UK with diabetes, there’s no day off. So, at Diabetes UK, we’re leading the fight every day, campaigning for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We’re very excited to have been placed in the top 30 best UK charities to work for, and in the top 75 best large companies in London.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do please visit our website