Partnerships Manager (Trusts and Statutory)
The Partnerships Manager (Trusts and Statutory) will play an important role in helping Diabetes UK to achieve a significant and sustainable step change in income. The role will report to the Senior Trusts and Statutory Manager and will line manage the Trusts and Statutory Executive.
The post holder will work closely and collaboratively with the team and the wider organisation and will need to utilise their internal networks to identify and create compelling bids and propositions for key funders, in many cases taking the lead on developing proposals. The role will focus on securing income from high value funders in the 50k-100k plus bracket and will develop sophisticated and effective relationship strategies to maximise long term value of these partnerships to Diabetes UK.
- To deliver against targets and planned activity in agreement with Senior Manager
- To create and send out compelling bids, based on strong funder and organisational knowledge in line with the team’s plan and pipeline (and in keeping with the organisational strategy)
- To be a relationship expert, building valuable links to current and potential funders and providing an excellent supporter experience
- To work across the whole Philanthropy and Partnerships team to ensure we are delivering a joined up approach to all major funding opportunities
- To line manage the Trust and Statutory Executive
- To build relationships, where possible, with external funders (current and potential), and/or develop a strong understanding of specific funder requirements. To ensure that this knowledge is used in proposition development.
- To build strong relationships with key delivery teams within Diabetes UK to ensure that you are up to date with current activity and priorities
- To work with the Senior Manager to prioritise prospects
- To ensure that we are seen as an appealing partner to work with
- To work across the Philanthropy and Partnerships team to ensure a joined up approach to funding key work, and to support initiatives across the team as needed
BID AND PROPOSAL CREATION
- To work with the Bid Writer to develop strong and compelling propositions – and to shape existing materials (or develop new content) to suit funders as required.
- To personally write bids and proposals as required, showing excellent writing skills and a keen understanding of funder requirements
- To work with the Bid Writer to ensure that we create a bank of case for support documents for our strategically important and fundable work
- To learn from funder feedback and to build this into future work, sharing across the team and organisation as relevant
- To ensure that we are taking into account organisational readiness to deliver on any project proposals or bids
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Developing budgets and plans
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Build relationships
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Fundraising in Trust/Grant funding
- Personal experience of securing gifts of £50k+
- Writing bids and proposals, with demonstrable success
- Line management and/or supervisory experience
- Project Management
The best person for this job will be:
- Excellent in written and verbal communication
- Educated to degree standard or relevant experience
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here