Partnerships Manager (Account Management)
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and experienced Partnerships Manager to manage and develop strategic partnerships to achieve key organisational goals.
Your focus will be on high value partnerships with industry, managing a portfolio of strategic partners, securing significant income and non-financial value for the organisation. You will support with transitioning partnerships from the new business team to account management team and identify how existing partnerships can be leveraged and developed. You will prioritise retention and account renewal, working with leaders across the organisation to align partnership goals with organisational goals, manage risk and work with the wider team to develop best practice in terms of account planning, budgeting, staff engagement, grant management and partnership governance. You will be joining an ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships team at an exciting time as we launch our new outcome focused strategy, which puts partnership at the heart of all that we do.
Interviews: 8th/9th December 2020
As the Partnerships Manager, you will work closely with the wider Philanthropy and Partnerships team and senior colleagues from across the organisation to identify funding opportunities and areas where we work through existing partners to achieve social impact and strategic goals. Working with the Business Development Manager and Research and Operations team, you will maximise value from partnership and facilitate cross team working. You will manage a Corporate Partnerships Officer, supporting them to maximise value from their own portfolio and generate new business. Your fundraising expertise, strategic vision, relationship building skills, and ability to spot opportunities for existing partners to develop will result in you and the wider team growing income on a multi-year basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- A corporate specialist whose experience may have been gained in charity or commercial sector, B2B, company CSR dept. or any other environment involved in developing multi-faceted strategic relationships, resulting in significant financial return.
- Experience managing a portfolio of high value £100k+ partnerships, including income generation and account development
- Excellent relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Strong presentation and writing skills, and experience developing high value tools/assets that can be deployed by a wider team
- Understanding of high value fundraising mechanisms, funding cycles and giving trends
- Experience co-creating partnership opportunities with delivery teams and funders, and experience generating non-financial value through partnership
- Possessing strong budgeting, organisational and planning skills, you will have experience developing and reporting back on account plans spanning 3+ years that reflect shared objectives and goals
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here