National Director - Northern Ireland
Diabetes UK Northern Ireland helps the 100,000 people living with diabetes manage their condition effectively by providing information, advice and support. We campaign with people with diabetes as well as with healthcare professionals to improve the quality of diabetes care and to prevent Type 2 diabetes. We fund pioneering research into care, cure and prevention for all types of diabetes and work to stem the rising tide of this serious and life-changing condition.
Diabetes UK are working with our recruitment partner Engage Executive Talent to appoint our new National Director – Northern Ireland. We are looking for someone who is an experienced and ambitious leader. Someone who wants to lead, shape and develop our Northern Ireland operation as we build on the success we’ve had over the past few years to create an inspiring and exciting new strategy for the future.
*Do Not Click the Apply Button*
For a confidential discussion about the post and to request the full Candidate Pack, get in touch with Patrick Minne, firstname.lastname@example.org at Engage Executive Talent as soon as possible. Alternately please call 028 9024 5356.
Please forward a CV, maximum three A4 sides, together with a completed application form available from www.engageexec.co.uk ensuring you have included mobile, work and home telephone numbers, as well as any dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the recruitment timetable.
Deadline for applications:
Noon, Wednesday 13 November 2019
First Interviews with Engage:
w/c Monday 18 November 2019
This role will appeal to someone who wants to make a genuine difference to the lives of people with a serious health condition, and that presents a major challenge for Northern Ireland. You will lead a small team of dedicated and highly motivated individuals and are well respected. This post comes at an exciting time of change with establishment of a new Diabetes Network for Northern Ireland.
This role leads our work in Northern Ireland and will:-
- Guide the implementation of the Diabetes Strategic Framework by participating and influencing the Northern Ireland Diabetes Network.
- Influence the health system to deliver the healthcare that people living with diabetes need, including running national and local campaigns.
- Increase our Volunteers and local partner organisations to deliver our strategy and support local communities.
- Raise awareness of diabetes and working to get better prevention interventions for diabetes in the most high risk groups and to see early diagnosis of diabetes improved.
- Support the fundraising directorate’s work in NI so that we can grow our impact through increasing resources.
- Work and engage health care professionals so that we educate, challenge and support them to deliver better health care for people living with diabetes.
- Support our small and honed set of non-commissioned services we offer people living with diabetes, promote cross UK services and run a small portfolio of local projects that fit within organisation objectives.
- Contribute to the Operations Leadership team and cross organisational projects helping to bring the context and knowledge of Northern Ireland to everything we do.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a leader, with a successful track record of influencing change in the health service or a similar complex system. In addition, you will need to demonstrate passion, commitment and be highly motivated to improve the lives of people living with diabetes. You will also need demonstrate evidence of the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with wide variety of stakeholders including healthcare decision makers, people living with diabetes and other third sector organisations to address the diabetes crisis in Northern Ireland.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here