Information Security & Assurance Officer
The post holder will develop, implement and manage all aspects of Information Security throughout Diabetes UK. They will support the IT and Information Governance Team in providing expertise and advice to ensure that Diabetes UK complies with Information Security best practice, the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and guidance. In addition, this customer facing role has responsibility for advising staff and volunteers on compliance issues, as well as conducting information security reviews on our assets across the organisation. This new role is designed to ensure that Diabetes UK has a robust Information Security Framework in place.
Interview Date: 28 September 2020
- To create, implement and maintain Diabetes UK Information Security framework in line with our organisations requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Information Security queries and assist the Information Governance Team as and when the need arises
- Assist with the implementation of the payment card security processes and NHS DSP toolkit, including leading on specific projects or work streams if required
- Develop and deliver Information Security guidance and advice for staff and volunteers
- To provide advice and guidance on technical and non-technical aspects of information security and all associated projects, providing input to projects and systems so they are secure by design
- To troubleshoot and resolve assigned security related support calls in a timely manner and in line with DUK standards and service levels, and work with technical support teams to mitigate/remove threats.
- Responsibility of some of our Information Security processes, reviewing their effectiveness as Process Owner (strategical/tactical) and driving continual improvement based on Audit findings, Security Risks, Security Incidents and changes of regulatory requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Information Security or similar role, ideally within charity sector, local government or NHS organisation, with fundraising or other direct marketing experience
- GDPR requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365/Azure security features to ensure maximum compliance to security standards is achieved
- Information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Must be able to demonstrate sound technical diagnostic skills
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- Development of policy and guidelines that support best practice in information governance,
- Compliance monitoring and auditing
- Information Asset Register Management
- Development and monitoring of Information Security Policies
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here