Individual Giving Manager - Membership
Membership is a key strategic focus for Diabetes UK, with over 100,000 existing members and an annual income of over £2m. Membership ensures Diabetes UK has the ability to fund even more work that enables us to better diagnose and treat those living with diabetes and provides members with the knowledge and confidence to manage their condition.
We have ambitious plans for membership and it will undergo a transformation in 2018 to ensure that our product meets our members’ needs, the Individual Giving Manager – Membership will be instrumental in supporting the Senior New Product Development Manager to deliver the improved product.
- A key member of the Individual Giving team, this role is responsible for managing the Membership programme to maximise recruitment, retention and lifetime value of our members.
- This will involve the cost effective and timely delivery of direct marketing campaigns to potential and current members, as well as working across the charity to support the promotion of membership to ‘warm contacts’.
- Supporting the Senior New Product Development Manager to develop membership strategy, budgets and reforecasts.
- Project managing membership campaigns and all associated communications on time and to budget including data selection, creative, print and data analysis - maximising supporter engagement and lifetime value.
- Managing a large and complex membership administration database, ensuring that membership data is captured compliantly and loaded to the database according to internal process guidelines.
- Work closely with the Membership Executive to manage existing and new member relations to a high standard.
- Liaising with our Customer Care Centre on response handling, complaints and queries relating to membership activities.
- Understanding key membership profiles and motivations and using this information in targeting and engaging audiences, execution of creative concepts & choice of media.
- Designing briefings, inductions and training sessions associated with the membership programme.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Deliver operational plans along with effective monitoring and control systems.
- Manage complex budgets.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
- Analyse and interpret results and translate this analysis into action.
- Use initiative and have the confidence to make decisions.
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Managing a range of projects at any one time, ensuring they are delivered on-time, on-budget and to agreed standards.
- Managing external suppliers and rosters including sourcing competitive quotes.
- Developing and implementing effective cross-department processes to facilitate the delivery of high quality products.
- Working with a database to manage data selections, administration and reporting.
- Ideally in charity/NFP sector in a membership, individual giving or marketing role.
- Budget control and reforecasting.
The best person for this job will be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a marketing discipline.
- Creative and confident, valuing research and paying close attention to accuracy.
- Well-organised, proactive and able to prioritise own work; with strong project management and planning skills.
- Highly effective at communicating and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at influencing and negotiating.
- Strong team worker and motivator of self and others.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here