Individual Giving Manager - Membership
The Individual Giving Team is responsible for raising over £21 million annually, to help create a world where diabetes can do no harm. Membership is a key strategic focus for Diabetes UK, with over 90,000 existing members and an annual income in excess of £2 million. Membership ensures Diabetes UK has the ability to fund even more work that enables us to better diagnose and treat those living with diabetes and provides members with the knowledge to manage their condition confidently.
We have ambitious plans for membership here at Diabetes UK. After undergoing a significant transformation in 2018 the members need to be transitioned on to the new scheme during 2019 and the Individual Giving Manager – Membership will be instrumental in supporting the delivery of this improved product.
Interview date: 3rd, 4th & 5th June 2019
A key member of the Individual Giving team, this role is responsible for managing the day to day activities of our Membership programme. The role will involve the cost effective and timely delivery of multiple direct marketing campaigns to new and current members. You will also be an advocate for membership, looking for opportunities to promote membership whilst ensuring the wider organisation is aware of the scheme and its benefits for people living with or affected by diabetes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent relevant experience in a marketing discipline.
- Experience in a direct marketing role.
- Creative and confident, valuing research and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Well-organised, proactive and able to prioritise own work; with strong project management and planning skills.
- Highly effective at communicating and have strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong team player, motivator of self and others, with the ability to deputise for the Senior Membership Manager where appropriate.
- Pragmatic and take an evidence based approach to problem solving.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.7 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and there are 3.8 million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.7 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here