Individual Giving Manager - Legacies
The Individual Giving team is responsible for raising over £22m. Legacies are vital to Diabetes UK with gifts in Wills funding over a third of our work every year.
The role of the Individual Giving Manager - Legacies is to support the development and delivery of the legacy marketing strategy and operational plans to maximise the recruitment and retention of legacy supporters to Diabetes UK. This includes managing and developing a range of legacy marketing activities, including UK wide events, direct marketing appeals, awareness raising and digital marketing.
- Support the Senior Legacy Manager to develop the team’s annual strategy and budget
- To manage and deliver marketing campaigns and supporter communications on time and to budget – maximising supporter engagement
- Track expenditure in order to contribute to the team’s quarterly reforecast projections
- Work with the Data team to produce data selections informed by data analysis.
- Work with the Information and Governance and IT teams to ensure that legacy data is managed, maintained and utilised compliantly according to internal data governance guidelines
- Responsible for systems and processes used for delivery of membership and to make recommendations on improvements in consultation with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the creative development of direct marketing campaigns with internal and external creative teams and tailoring materials for different audience segments
- Track, analyse and evaluate campaign performance.
- Ensure that all communications support Diabetes UK’s agreed brand guidelines
- Identify opportunities to promote legacy giving across other areas of the organisation. Input into the wider strategic remit of the Individual Giving team to grow income and identify opportunities.
- Provide excellent stewardship of new and current supporters
- Lead on day to day management of supplier relationships, ensuring efficient and effective creative execution, production and fulfilment.
- Work closely with the Business Support tea, to keep abreast of regulatory changes including; Data Protection legislation and Institute of Fundraising guidelines.
- Brief colleagues on all upcoming legacy marketing activity. Liaise with Customer Care Centre on response handling, complaints and queries.
- Keep abreast of competitor activities and trends by actively monitoring legacy campaigns, sector development and fundraising press.
- Work closely with Regional teams to facilitate legacy conversations at a local level
- Work closely with Individual Giving Managers with fundraising campaigns when needed
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Manage innovative legacy activity
- Manage relationships with internal, external stakeholders and supporters
- Manage campaigns and events
- Influence and negotiate in order to improve the membership experience across a varietry of internal stakeholders
- Be a self-starter with the ability to make informed decisions
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Legacy/Direct marketing techniques and supporter/customer engagement.
- Project managing direct mail campaigns and general project management methodology.
- Working with creative agencies to develop strong direct response creative.
- Relational databases.
- Using segmentation models for direct marketing campaigns.
- Campaign evaluation and analysis.
- Financial management – control costs and looks for added value.
- Negotiation and diplomacy demonstrated as a project manager.
- Data Protection legislation.
- Applying brand guidelines consistently across a variety of channels and projects.
The best person for this job will be:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in Marketing/Business related subject or equivalent experience
- Have 2 years’ experience working in a Legacy Marketing/Direct Marketing role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to carry out presentations and produce written documents to a high standard.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and activities to tight deadlines
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here