Individual Giving Manager – Acquisition
The Individual Giving team is responsible for raising over £22m, helping to create a world where diabetes can do no harm. Acquiring new supporters and motivating them to donate is essential to the success of Diabetes UK.
This role is directly responsible for implementing the supporter acquisition strategy across a variety of products, including gaming (lottery and raffle), regular giving and cash donations. The post holder will maintain a range of acquisition routes (including Face to Face, SMS, direct mail, press inserts, online, digital and telemarketing) as well as testing new channels to recruit individuals who perform well in the longer term, rather than just at acquisition.
Please note this position is the equivalent of an officer or campaign manager role.
- Help decide which acquisition channels to invest in – utilising a test and learn approach ensuring ROI and retention rates are maximised.
- Project manage campaigns, budgets and supporter communications on time and to budget including data selection, creative, print and data analysis - maximising supporter engagement and lifetime value.
- Ensure informed investment by conducting thorough due diligence, initiative, past learnings, risk management, sector & trend analysis and evaluation.
- Understand the key supporter profiles and motivations and use this information in targeting audiences, execution of creative concepts & choice of media
- To manage training of external fundraisers on who Diabetes UK are and about the work we do – some frequent travel and overnight stays may be required
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Deliver test and learn supporter acquisition campaigns
- Communicate effectively to influence a wide range of people
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- working in a direct marketing function, ideally in the charity sector
- targeting audiences for marketing purposes
- working with agencies and suppliers
- working with relevant legislation and regulations (such as Data Protection, Gambling Commission, Code of Fundraising)
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here