Healthcare Engagement Manager
The Healthcare Engagement Manager plays a key role in influencing the transformation of diabetes care and support.
The job-holder will lead the engagement work with healthcare professionals (HCPs) through the establishment of strong relationships, the delivery of targeted and timely communications, plus a strong programme of relevant events and clinical skills training for HCPs.
Interviews on the 10 October 2018
- Lead work across multiple teams in the organisation to deliver complex projects that benefit both HCPs and people living with diabetes.
- Maintain and review Diabetes UK’s clinical skills based education offer to HCPs, including the delivery of an online education strategy which meets system needs and demonstrates reach.
- Negotiate high profile speaker slots for Diabetes UK at external conferences and manage Diabetes UK’s presence at high profile national HCP conferences and events.
- Own communication processes, tools and channels and, where appropriate, identify continuous improvement opportunities, to ensure the delivery of relevant and high quality content material which facilitates the increase and retention of professional members.
- Deliver high quality line management including support, supervision and development of the team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate good understanding of healthcare professional culture, the NHS and how changes are affecting healthcare professionals
- Manage and motivate people
- Present and facilitate with confidence
- Build effective networks and professional relationships
- Write and communicate to a high professional standard, including writing copy for publications and reports
- Delivering complex projects on time and within budget
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here