Head of Content & News
In a world where the seriousness of diabetes is little understood, one of your significant challenges, as the Head of Content & News, will be to achieve cut-through, change perceptions and drive action.
You will play a pivotal role in creating powerful, engaging and integrated content journeys across Diabetes UK’s online and offline channels, and through our media work, to drive up awareness, change health behaviours, inform public opinion, influence the influencers, increase income and underpin our bold, strategic ambitions.
You will create the content and news vision for your team, working collaboratively with stakeholders across the charity and playing a key leadership role within the wider Engagement & Fundraising function to accelerate the impact we have as a charity.
Interview Dates: 28 or 30 January 2020
- Evolve our Content and Media strategy in line with new and bolder ambitions for the charity and oversee its successful delivery.
- Lead a customer-centric approach to content development that informs SEO, content journey mapping, print and digital improvements.
- Innovate creative approaches to content curation and personalisation on our website.
- Oversee the delivery of a stand out PR and celebrity strategy that positions and embeds the work of Diabetes UK strongly and effectively in the media and which sets the tone for the national conversation about diabetes.
- Champion the role of content in effective income generation and media sales.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bright, sharp and knowledgeable – a strong technical expert with great judgement that can be trusted.
- As good at coming up with great ideas as they are at putting together and executing concrete delivery plans.
- Resilient and able to keep on top of a busy workload in a critical area.
- A people person, who likes to engage and work with others to create the best possible impact.
- Up for a challenge, committed to a brilliant cause that’s here to tackle the biggest health crisis facing the UK, and raring to go.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here