Head of Community & Events
Now is an exciting time to join Diabetes UK as our next Head of Community and Events. There is a real opportunity for you to make your mark in this role to drive further growth across an already very successful Community and Events programme. You will lead on the development of sector leading events including the One Million Step Challenge and Swim 22 whilst leading a creative and passionate Community Fundraising team. Critically you will understand the importance of delivering an excellent supporter experience to drive supporter engagement and long term income growth.
Interview Date: W/C 31 January 2022
You will be leading a highly successful and dynamic team to deliver against our ambitious strategy, inspiring and supporting the team to deliver. It will be vital for you to lead and innovate to further accelerate our income growth across Community Fundraising and Events and deliver impact for people living with and at risk of diabetes. You’ll be able to spot opportunities and will take an innovative approach to develop the programme.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a strategic and ambitious leader with a strong track record of driving income growth through Community Fundraising and Events. In this important leadership role you will be a truly collaborative, visible and enabling leader who will deliver a long term, joined up approach to supporter engagement. You will energise and develop your teams and build on the excellent Community Fundraising and Events programme already in place.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact HRAdvice@diabetes.org.uk
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.