This role will support the Senior HR Advisor, and wider HR Advice team, to provide exceptional service to all employees at Diabetes UK, potential new candidates and external providers. You will provide administrative support to the team with a particular focus on recruitment and on boarding.
Interviews: 23 May 2019
- Provide recruitment and on boarding administration including posting of job adverts, liaising with external agencies and conducting pre-employment checks
- Support the new starter process by issuing contracts, requesting references, arranging and conducting HR inductions
- Maintain our HR database with new starter, change, leaver and payroll information to ensure up to date and accurate
- Support with internal change and leaver process, including issuing relevant communication
- Support with probation process by collecting required paperwork and issuing letters
- Support with payroll administration and checking
- Support the management of the HR Advice inbox and respond to general HR related queries
- Create reports and analysis to support HR projects
The Ideal Candidate
If you are passionate about HR and providing the best customer service this role is for you. We are looking for someone with HR and recruitment administration experience with an enthusiasm to provide the best experience for all, internally and externally. We would like a collaborative team player to join our small, but busy team, who is confident in building effective relationships. We need someone who is well organised, flexible and able to prioritise to meet deadlines and team goals. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical in this role too.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here