The post holder will be first point of call for fundraising enquiries and will work with the Community Fundraising team to provide our fundraisers and supporters with the advice and support they need to maximise their fundraising potential.
Interview Date: 18 November 2019
- To triage supporters coming to Diabetes UK through all methods and media.
- Escalating high level supporters to the appropriate Regional Fundraiser and taking responsibility for all other supporters by providing excellent supporter stewardship to all community fundraising supporters through providing support with their fundraising activities, signposting to further information and materials, and providing ongoing encouragement.
- You will be responsible for recording supporter information about their fundraising onto the database in a thorough manner. You will also proactively seek consent for further communications and ensure support details are up to date.
- Following an agreed supporter journey, you will steward supporters over the phone and via email. You will also think creatively about how you can add value to the supporter journey, and meet each supporter’s needs.
- You will re-engage supporters who have completed fundraising events to provide a complete supporter journey.
- You will identify areas where administrative processes and ways of working can be improved and made more efficient.
- Provide general administrative support to the community fundraising team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an outgoing, conscientious team player who is quick to learn, is highly organised and is a proactive problem solver. The successful candidate will have worked in a customer service focused administrative role for at least a year. They will ideally have experience of working to tight deadlines across multiple tasks/events and have excellent people skills.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here