Digital Project Manager (Education)
The Digital Project Manager (Digital Learning) will be responsible for the technical development of the charity’s new digital education resource, Learning Zone. This innovative, new digital service aims to aid knowledge acquisition and skills but also facilitate improvements in self-care and help individuals embark on behaviour change activities and sustain them. Content development is informed by behaviour change and education theory and is supported by a strong evaluation framework with a range of feedback mechanisms to rigorously assess the performance of the content and its impact for users. It is an exciting area of work with many challenges.
The education platform is built on an open-source Learning Management System that has been adapted to enable the charity to dynamically deliver personalised education content based on a bespoke user registration and content tagging system. Using an agile project management approach, the DPM will manage an external technical agency to deliver a critical optimisation phase of work for the education platform. Learning Zone is part of a wider Priority Impact Area (PIA) for the charity focussed on Digital Learning, and the DPM role is a critical part of the team to enable accelerated development of this exciting new programme of works.
Interviews: Monday 29 July 2019
The role is focussed on managing development and optimisation work from scoping/prioritisation with the education team through to the development work by our external agency. The platform will be continually evolving and benchmarked against competitors to keep it best in class.
- Assume management and responsibility for the effective delivery of the education team’s optimisation phase of platform development
- Manage relationships and co-ordinate work with external technical agencies & suppliers
- Produce technical briefs to evolve functional and interactive development of Learning Zone
- Utilising agile project management techniques, deliver optimisation, adaptation and evolution of the technical development of the platform and its functionality and user experience.
- Innovate, evolve, and refine this processes and methodology to meet platform development needs
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing and directing the development of innovative digital projects from early development to implementation
- Instigate, embrace and managing change in a quickly evolving digital landscape
- Project management of digital projects and development of online projects with clear experience in role
- Managing and developing work through open source Learning Management Systems and Content Management Systems
- Analytical, thorough and a talented problem solver
- A strong and compelling advocate for digital content developed through an iterative user-centred design approach
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here