Digital Programme Manager
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to lead our digital programme who will have overall responsibility for delivering digital projects across all our platforms, plus quarterly reporting to the Digital Programme Board.
Working with colleagues across the charity and external agency partners you will be required to timetable and resource multiple projects at the same time and also manage individual projects which would be delivered by your team or digital specialists in other teams.
- Shape and define a programme of digital projects and platform improvements – timetabling and allocating work to team members and selecting agency partners
- Work with product owners to ensure all projects have defined scope and clear business objectives
- Report on the programme of work to the Digital Programme Board
- Lead project management for some key projects
- Encourage and support the development of agile project management techniques, particularly the consistent use of user stories to gather requirements and prioritise work
- Act as a key point of contact with external agencies and managing the relationship between external agencies and internal clients
- Work with information governance to ensure all relationships with external suppliers are compliant
- Partner with IT and Data teams to ensure all front end developments are integrated with our back end infrastructure
- Manage the Digital Project Manager and the Technical Architect
The Ideal Candidate
You could be a senior project manager or product owner who is ready to step up into Digital Programme Management. Alternatively you could be an established programme manager looking to find work in the charity sector.
As a creative thinker you will be comfortable in your ability to ensure the success of a wide variety of sometimes complex digital projects. You will also be articulate and able to report out on the progress of digital initiatives to non-technical teams across Diabetes UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here