Data Strategy Lead - up to 12 Month Fixed-Term Maternity Cover
Diabetes UK has begun to make significant investment in its data systems and processes as part of the implementation of our Data Strategy. This multi-year programme will see the introduction of a new data hub, replacement CRMs and a volunteer management system.
We understand how vital data is in our ability to engage with and support people at scale and also to gain insight and make better decisions. The work is a vital part of fulfilling the ambition of our new strategy A Generation to End the Harm.
Interview Date: w/c 1 Feb 2021
This is a pivotal role within Diabetes UK with responsibility for implementing the next stages of our data strategy. The role works across Diabetes UK, working closely with colleagues in areas such as IT, Digital and Strategic Marketing to ensure we continue to deliver key workstreams.
A structure and team are already in place and there is a great platform from which to move forward with the scoping and implementing new CRM solutions, developing our data hub and continuing to address data quality.
The Ideal Candidate
- A deep understanding of how data can be harnessed at a strategic level and an awareness of how this is aligned to the organisation’s strategic marketing approach to engage with its beneficiaries and supporters.
- Experience of delivering similar major projects through a programme approach
- Understand the wider context of evolving organisational structure to meet the demands of an increasingly insight-driven operating model
- Communicate and influence effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and also with senior and operational audiences
- A broader understanding of evolving best practice in this area, particularly in a charitable fundraising context
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently more than 3.9 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and just under 1 million more with undiagnosed type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here