Data Strategy Implementation Lead
Are you able to provide a lead role in the implementation of our new data strategy?
Do you have the ability to provide strategic and operational leadership and direction in this vital area?
Do you enjoy bringing together knowledge of data at both a strategic and technical level to drive insight and engagement? If so, you are the person we are looking for! An excellent opportunity has arisen at Diabetes UK to help transform how we harness our data in order to realise better understand and engage with our supporters, volunteers and people living with diabetes.
This will be a pivotal role within Diabetes UK with responsibility for implementing the first stage of our data strategy. The role will work across Diabetes UK, working closely with colleagues in areas such as IT, Digital and Strategic Marketing to ensure our plans and activities are realigned towards realising the strategy’s goals.
This is a 18 month fixed term contract.
Interviews: 13 September 2018
The role requires an individual who can demonstrate the following:
- A deep understanding of how data can be harnessed at a strategic level and an awareness of how this is aligned to the organisation’s strategic marketing approach to engage with its beneficiaries and supporters.
- Understand the wider context of evolving organisational structure to meet the demands of an increasingly insight-driven operating model
- Communicate and influence effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and also with senior and operational audiences
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will, be outcome and delivery focused, well organised, with the ability to work on their own initiative and to also work collaboratively across the organisation.
They should have an excellent programme management background within this area.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here