Data Programme Manager - 18 Month Fixed-Term Contract
This role oversees our ambitious and established Better Data Programme, which is delivering master data management, insight and analytics tools, and new customer-facing technologies, to support Diabetes UK meet our strategic aspirations. Initiatives are having a charity-wide impact and are driving major improvements to our ways of working across the organisation.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our ‘Connected Working’ framework which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role of course. We do not dictate the number of days you have to attend the office.
Interview Dates: 8/9 September 2022
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact HRAdvice@diabetes.org.uk
- Ensure delivery of the Better Data Programme projects to time, budget and quality
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the Programme Board, and corporately, on progress in a consistent and engaging way.
- Working with Data Strategy Lead and wider programme resources to ensure the programme blueprint is consistently mapped to project deliverables, requirements, adoption and change and training approach, to ensure the required change is fully embedded.
- Proactively manage dependencies between projects, track and manage risks and issues to ensure the programme’s successful outcome.
- Own tracking and measurement of benefits against agreed timescales and budgets.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a proactive, outcomes-focussed and organised person who can demonstrate a knowledge of and a passion for delivering successful change through proportionate programme management. You should be able to grasp the complexities of technical project delivery, support effective decision making, resolve issues and dependencies, and communicate clearly and enthuse stakeholders about the change we seek to deliver.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.