Corporate Partnerships Officer (New Business)
As Corporate Partnership Officer (new business), you will play a vital role in securing new business with partners, as well as supporting the new business team in their wider work and delivering the new and ambitious 3 year new business strategy. With a focus on winning commercial partnerships and supporting our strategic partnership growth, this exciting and dynamic role will contribute to the success of our corporate partnership growth & goals.
You will be joining an ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships team at an exciting time as we continue to deliver against our outcome focused strategy, which puts partnership at the heart of all that we do.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our hybrid approach which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role.
Interview date: 6 December 2023
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make click here
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer click here
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will work with the new business team and internal stakeholders to support the Partnerships Manager on prospect pitches/proposals with a strategic focus and 6 figure value, grow our CRM pipeline to win new partnerships in this space, support the team on new business innovation and reputation building internally and externally. You will ensure that future partnerships deliver against our organisational strategy. Using your experience and initiative, you will manage a pipeline of prospects and win new business to deliver against our budget. This is an exciting time to be joining the team as we look to diversify our pipelines and grow our income across new business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to secure new business to meet targets and deliver return on investment.
- Able to be resilient in the pursuit of new business
- Experience in cultivating and building relationships with companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to be an ambassador for the Philanthropy & Partnership team and Diabetes UK more widely.
- Strong collaborative approach to working with internal stakeholders
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working (not applicable to roles with fixed shift patterns)
- 2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns (pro-rata for part-time)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For nearly 5 million people with diabetes in the UK, there’s no day off. At Diabetes UK, we fight day in, day out for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
With more people than ever living with diabetes and millions more at risk of developing type 2, our work has never been more needed. We make sure they get the care and support needed to live well with diabetes and avoid devastating complications.
We fund critical research, which has led to life-changing discoveries – like the first insulin pen and programmes to put type 2 diabetes into remission. Now, we want to do this for everyone and find a cure.
We can’t do any of this without you. Our staff are passionate and determined about helping everyone affected by diabetes. For over 85 years, they’ve been behind vital policy changes, as well as new treatments and technologies to make living with diabetes easier every day.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a really diverse bunch and we recognise and respect your value as an individual. As well as helping people with diabetes, you’ll be part of one of the top 30 Best UK Charities to Work For, and one of the top 75 Best Large Companies in London.
We’re committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and we need our staff and volunteers to support this.
Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Join us today, and together, we can make that a reality.
To find out more about what we do, check out our website.