Would you like to use your outstanding digital and editorial skills to help millions of people living with diabetes?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Content Producer to play a vital role in our mission to achieve a revolution in understanding and support for people with diabetes.
Your focus will be to maintain, produce and commission audience-first, digital content across our website and other channels for people living with diabetes. An excellent editor and expert writer for digital platforms, you’ll know how to shape online content based on user needs, accessibility and SEO best practice.
You will expertly leverage the use of Search Engine Optimisation, Google Analytics and other analytic tools to make informed and timely decisions. And you will have experience with content management systems and offer support on best practice to devolved web editors across the organisation.
Interview Date: 23 August 2019
These would be just some of your responsibilities, check out the job description for more detail:
- Conceive, edit, develop and produce new content as well as update existing content for our website and other multimedia channels, in line with priority areas of work and organisation strategic objectives.
- Plan, research, project manage, write, produce, sub and proof content across a range of outputs, including but not limited to on and offline information resources.
- Use SEO, keyword research and analytics to ensure best performance of content and ensure there are regular review check points put in place.
- Create clear briefs for creative assets needed to support content production, like photography and videography, and review assets as a content expert.
- Manage agencies and external providers to deliver content and digital products. This includes full project management, from brief to delivery, including writing the briefs, reviewing responses, managing internal stakeholders’ requirements and approvals ensuring the delivery of content on time and within agreed budgets.
- Offer content support to all areas of the organisation, including training CMS users, and contribute to creative ideas generation.
- Support the Content Manager to build a culture of content that is co-produced by people with diabetes and their families, and user-generated content is captured and embedded wherever possible and appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who’s skilled in content and passionate about people. You will put our audience first in the digital content that you produce – mainly for our website, along with our social and email channels.
This role will harness the power of great storytelling with great writing and ensure we put the audience at the forefront of all content created. You will ensure that all content created is reflective of our brand essence, and always embodies our tone of voice characteristics: authentic, inspiring, frank, confident and human.
And you won’t just be writing excellent copy – you’ll be involved in video, photography, graphic and audio content too.
You will plan, commission, source and publish high-quality, creative and engaging digital content, so you’ll need to be a highly organised project manager.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here