Are you ready to use your outstanding digital and editorial skills to help millions of people living with diabetes?
Diabetes UK is looking for a talented and passionate Content Producer to play a vital role in our mission to achieve a revolution in understanding and support for people with diabetes.
Interviews will be held on 23rd August
- Conceive, develop and commission new Type 1 diabetes content as well as update and improve existing content for our website and other multimedia channels, in line with web best practice, priority areas of work and organisational strategic objectives.
- Revise, research, project manage, write, produce, edit, sub and proof content across a range of outputs, including but not limited to online and offline information resources.
- Work closely with the Type 1 Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver Type 1 specific campaigns to budget and to deadline.
- Use SEO, keyword research and analytics to ensure best performance of content and ensure there are regular review check points in place.
- Work to continually improve webpage navigation, performance and readability.
- Support the Content Manager to build a culture of content that is co-produced by people with diabetes and their families, and user-generated content is captured and embedded wherever possible and appropriate.
- Produce responsive content to be reactive to live situations and scenarios.
- Create clear briefs for creative assets needed to support content production. Work closely with the Creative team to explain and share photography and videography requirements.
- Manage agencies and external providers to deliver content and digital products. This includes full project management, from brief to delivery, including writing briefs, reviewing responses, managing internal stakeholder requirements and approvals, ensuring the delivery of content on time and within agreed budgets.
- Provide content support to other areas of the organisation and contribute to creative ideas generation, as and when required.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest content, digital and publishing developments.
- Work with the wider Marcomms teams to explore opportunities to extend Type 1 content to reach wider audiences where relevant, for example those living with or at risk of Type 2.
The Ideal Candidate
Your focus will be to maintain, produce and commission audience-first, digital content across our website and social media channels for people living with Type 1 diabetes. An excellent editor and expert writer for digital platforms, you’ll know how to shape online content based on user needs, accessibility and searchability best practice.
You will report to the Content Manager but with a dotted line into the Type 1 programme lead (in the Type 1 diabetes team). You’ll use your excellent organisational and communication skills to work closely with the Type 1 team, ensuring content is integrated with the Type 1 team’s marketing and communications activity.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here