Content Producer – Physical Activity (Fixed-Term Contract)
We are looking for a talented Content Producer to play a vital role in our mission to support more people with and at risk of diabetes to live better and more confidently.
Your focus will be to produce audience-first content across multiple touchpoints to support people affected by diabetes to be physically active. As a key member of the Live Well, Move More cross-charity project group, you will use audience insights to plan, produce and evaluate high-quality content for our digital platforms, in print, and across our social media channels. You won’t just be writing excellent copy – you’ll be involved in video, photography, graphic and audio content too. This content will form the basis of social, email and paid ad content, signposting those audiences to more detailed website content and a print toolkit. An expert in content marketing, you’ll know how to increase the reach and engagement of your content, and how to build excellent customer journeys to drive conversions.
This role will harness the power of great storytelling with great content design, helping the user to understand the role physical activity plays in a healthy lifestyle. You will ensure that all content created is reflective of our brand essence, and always embodies our tone of voice characteristics: authentic, inspiring, frank, confident and human.
You will expertly leverage the use of Search Engine Optimisation, Google Analytics and other analytic tools to make informed and timely decisions. And you will have experience with content management systems and offer support on best practice to devolved web editors across the organisation.
Interview Date: W/C 28 September 2020
- Work as part of a Live Well, Move More cross-charity project team, proactively keeping the group updated with clear and collaborative communication.
- Use personas and marketing segmentation to identify target audiences and user needs across various content formats, helping stakeholders understand the process.
- Customer journey mapping across the wider wellness content ecosystem, including physical activity content, Learning Zone behaviour change platform, physical challenge events and healthy lifestyle content.
- Plan, write, commission digital and print content – including editing existing content – in line with priority areas of work and organisation strategic objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent content designer – adept in editing, writing, commissioning and reviewing content across all digital and print mediums.
- A clear and collaborative communicator who can build strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Audience and insight focussed – using data and expert knowledge to inform decisions.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here