Content Producer - Membership
We are looking for a talented Content Producer to evolve our online and offline membership content. This would include content for member acquisition as well as content to reward existing members’ continuing loyalty and financial commitment to the charity. Members would be provided with earlier access to, and deeper engagement with, the issues and topics that matter most to them.
You will be an expert at finding fresh and insightful ways to plan and produce content for members. You will enjoy building relationships with teams across the charity to make sure you get the 'heads up' on the latest charity stories - from research to campaigning, events to partnerships - that our members will want to hear about first.
You will be responsible for helping us build an excellent membership experience by using audience insights to plan, produce and evaluate high-quality content for our print and digital platforms. By using great storytelling and content design skills, you will create excellent customer journeys and improve membership acquisition and retention.
Interviews: W/C 28 September 2020
- Balance magazine – work with the magazine agency and Publications Manager to help conceieve, edit, develop and produce new content as well as being the day-to-day contact with the magazine agency.
- Email newsletters – use email marketing platform to engage existing members. Work with Marketing team to produce monthly, tailored membership emails, own an editorial plan and evolve emails based on evaluation and insights.
- Digital content – work with the Content Manager to reuse and repurpose existing print content for online to create seamless digital journeys and engage members with audience-focused content.
- Use personas and marketing segmentation to identify target audiences and user needs across various content formats. Use this information to plan, research, write, produce, sub and proof content across a range of cross-channel outputs.
- Use customer journey mapping and other user-centred content design techniques to take members on valuable and engaging journeys.
- Develop a range of content for members and provide regular reports and analysis on key projects and membership activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent writer and editor, with meticulous attention to detail
- Audience and insight focussed – use data and insight to make informed decisions
- Up-to-date on the latest content, digital and publishing developments
- Knowledgeable of industry best-practices, including content delivery standards and usability.
- Exceptionally organised with excellent time management
- Able to hit the ground running, learning to navigate a complex organisation and its policies and procedures
- A team player, with the ability to work with colleagues across the organisation
- A clear and organised communicator
- Creative, solution-focused and able to think outside the box using their own initiative
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives of people living with diabetes, so that they have the information and support they need, and helping to improve their long-term health outcomes.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here